Do you sometimes get the feeling that your man is still thinking about his ex girlfriend or ex wife? Has he subconsciously called you by her name or sent you a text message or email using his ex’s nickname? If you are wondering if he is truly over his ex, here are 5 signs that may answer your question.
1. He wasted no time before jumping into his next relationship. If you started dating this guy shortly after his latest breakup, there’s a good chance he’s not completely over his ex – no matter what he says.
2. He fell for you before his relationship ended. These are men such as John Edwards and Tiger Woods, who tell you their previous relationships are over or broken, but they still go home to their wives or girlfriends. It sounds obvious, but these guys are bad news. And if he cheated on his ex, 9 times out of 10, he won’t have any problem cheating on you either. So please be careful!
3. When it comes to his ex, he only deals in extremes. If your new guy can’t say his ex’s name without spitting, this is another warning sign. If he’s talking about her constantly, and she’s either the most wonderful thing in the world or the most terrible thing in the world, but it’s unrealistic, you need to ask him about his role in the relationship. There are two people in every couple, and there’s no way his ex was as great or awful as he makes her sound. This is a great opportunity for both of you to sit down and talk about each other’s past relationships to ensure that neither of you will make the same mistakes!
4. He can’t break the string. There are plenty of reasons..good and bad…a guy may stay in touch with his ex such as if they had kids together, it is crucial that they stay in contact for the betterment of the children. Or if he and his ex were together for a long time than it is good to stay friends. However, if neither situation applies, and he still won’t stop talking to his ex, you should initiate a conversation about her – carefully. Now, you definitely do not want to set yourself up against his ex. This won’t be a smart move. Just talk to him about his relationship with his ex, and what he thinks he can do better or differently in your relationship. Also try to reach out to his ex yourself, but if he’s not up for that – and if he doesn’t seem compelled to change anything about the current situation, even if it’s making you uncomfortable –then that’s a major red flag! It would probably be a good idea to slow the relationship down immediately. Let him know that you cannot go further if he is going to have a relationship with somebody that has to be behind your back.
5. He obsesses over his past relationship. If your new man is constantly checking his ex’s Facebook profile or you catch him poring over old pictures, you may have a problem. This may be a sign that he is still grieving over her. And therefore, you have to understand that if you stay in the relationship with him, you’re going to be part of that grieving process. However, let him know you are open to talking about his ex wife or ex girlfriend. Discussing this relationship could help him work through his feelings and move forward – and may even bring the two of you closer together.
To find out more signs that you need to watch for, check out this video!